Commercial Property

If you run a business, your premises will be central to it. Roulla understands your business pressures. So, whether you are a start-up looking for a flexible licence agreement or an expanding company looking to buy your next outlet, she can offer pragmatic and reliable advice on the best way forward.

Roulla provides a full service in relation to the purchase, sale, lease or financing of commercial property. She acts for landlords and tenants of commercial premises and has in-depth knowledge and understanding of business leases from both sides.

Whatever your commercial property requirements, Roulla has the technical skills, expertise and experience to deliver the results efficiently and cost effectively.

Business Leases

Roulla advises on all matters relating to business leases; from granting business leases to renewing or terminating business leases. She is experienced in all matters arising from business leases including:

  • Granting leases
  • Termination and renewal of leases under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
  • Lease renewals
  • Rent reviews
  • Requests to sell or sublet leases
  • Variations of lease
  • Alterations to premises
  • Permitted use and planning issues
  • Dilapidations claims
  • Liability for repairs
  • Service charge disputes
  • Break clauses
  • Forfeiture proceedings
  • Tenant’s insolvency, whether by liquidation, receivership or administration

If the matter becomes contentious and court proceedings are necessary, Roulla can steer you through the process.

Property development

Roulla acts for investors and property developers in relation to buying and selling residential and commercial properties, mixed use properties, building plots, property portfolios and ground rent portfolios.

She advises on the acquisition of development sites and subsequent plot sales. She also advises on party wall agreements, rights of light and other easements.


Roulla’s areas of expertise include:

  • Retail and office premises
  • Industrial units and estates
  • Hotels and restaurants
  • Take away shops and off licences
  • Mixed use properties
  • Residential property portfolios
  • Acting for investors and property developers

Power of Attorney for Small Business Owners

If you run a business, you may need a power of attorney to cover your business affairs if you fall ill unexpectedly. Roulla can advise you and prepare an appropriate power so your business can continue even in your absence.


Roulla provides a full range of licensing legal services to ensure that your business premises are run safely and in accordance with legal requirements.

She can assist with all licensing matters associated with your business, including applying for premises and personal licences, variations of licences, and dealing with opposed applications.